Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Why would a kid try to hang himself?

I was subbing at a school yesterday and a kid took off his belt. He put the belt around his neck and was going to hang himself. The teacher got there to stop him and the student calmed down. It got me to wonder about what this kid had seen at home or what he was going through to make him think to put hte belt around his neck? Maybe he was just getting attention. This situation made me realize something. Everyone needs to feel like someone cares even when the whole world has turned its back on you. This kid was feeling so low and so bad about himself and thinking that no one cared that he wanted someone to just care about what he was feeling inside. I know that I could not feel or care for this student like Jesus could. That is why I think the message of hte gospel is so important because it shows children that Jesus knows what they are feeling and He does love and care for them. Once the children know the despair that he went through leading up to his death they can realize that Jesus does understand what they are going through. When they choose to follow Him they can realize only He can give them peace and grace in there lives that causes them to value themselves.

3 comments:

  1. Good stuff brother. I look forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, this is way off a serious topic, but BLAKE BRODIEN HAS A BLOG!!!! HOW COOL IS THAT?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to find your blog, b! It will be great for people to see your day, to see your heart-- I don't think most folks know what you're really doing! Let them know!

    ReplyDelete